Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Gravy!

Several months ago I made this quilt from Minnick and Simpson's Bar Harbor line....



And this month it is featured in the lovely Homespun magazine.....



Scarily, the magazine also features a personal profile. It was very daunting getting a photo done that would be seen by thousands of people around the country if not the world. I had to call for the heavy artillery and crack out the war paint and the hair straighteners for the occasion. Don't be alarmed dear reader, I didn't let go of my true self - not that you can see them but I am wearing pajama bottoms in the photo!

A huge thanks need to go to Catherine and the team at Homespun for doing such a lovely job with the photo shoot of my quilt, converting my pattern for the magazine and the text in my profile. You are truly a pleasure to deal with and it is a real thrill to see my work in such and esteemed magazine.

And if not for my project you really should check the magazine out because this month it features a gorgeous project from Roslyn Mirrington of Bloom. You can see the project on her blog. Lovely, isn't it? I am pretty keen to make it. I am thinking of something in red and white and linen.

But for now I have to rejoin my daughter who is busy with her making box. An unattended 3 year old with glue is never a good idea. I thought you might enjoy a sample of her work....



What that girl can do with a feather!!

5 comments:

  1. It was great to read all about you in Homespun Shontelle and to put a face to your name. Love the quilt. Your little one has obviously inherited your talents.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Oh I do love Bar Harbour! It's one of my most favourite ranges ever. When I finally unpack my sewing stuff my Bar Harbour quilt will be the first thing I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is following in your creative footsteps. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shontelle, congratulations on your lovely quilt being chosen for Homespun magazine!

    I have given you the Liebster Blog Award. (I know, I didn't know what it was either when it was given to me.) I have written about it on my blog at www.caliquilter.blogspot.com.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's great to know that your lovely quilt was featured in Homespun magazine. Congratulations! You absolutely deserved it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...