Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pfaff Ambition 1.5

I would like to introduce you to my new friend, the Pfaff  Ambition 1.5.  My mum bought her for me and she is a beauty.  I had been idly thinking about a new machine for a while.  My main gripe with my previous machine (a Janome My Style) was that it was so noisy that I couldn't hear the TV when I was sewing. How's that for a First World problem?

I am a little bit in love with my new machine and here's why......


10 Reasons to heart the new Pfaff Ambition 1.5

  • It has a speed control - you can go super slow for tricky delicate sewing or like a bat out of hell when you are piecing strips
  • Compared to my old Janome, it is quiet
  • It has a needle up/needle down function which I love
  • You can set it to automatically reverse stitch when you begin and end sewing
  • It has a top loading bobbin with a clear shield so you can see how much thread you have left (not that you need it because....)
  • It has a bobbin alert for when your bobbin is about to run out
  • It has a touch screen and a stylus to program the machine - very cool
  • It has a bobbin thread cutter so you don't tire yourself out reaching for the scissors everytime you wind a bobbin
  • The quarter inch foot is very accurate (I had to take to my old Janome foot with a power tool so that it would sew an accurate quarter inch seam)
  • And finally it has an integrated walking foot.





Just when you thought I couldn't rave any more about this machine - check out the range of stitches!  (I can report that stitch number 1 works a treat...I may never use the others).


It also has  really neat built in storage for you bobbins, threads and tools.



And just before I go...will you check out this contortionist cat?  Here she is doing some kind of Yoga du Chat.  Bless her.



Bon Week-End everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. New toys are always so much fun. I saw your wonderful mum yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same machine for myself for Christmas this year. I love it too! I think I love the IDT best, since sewing over lumpy things doesn't seem to bother it at all. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the photos on your blog header, the cheery yellow swing looks like a great place for an afternoon coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...