I would like to introduce you to my new friend, the Pfaff Ambition 1.5. My mum bought her for me and she is a beauty. I had been idly thinking about a new machine for a while. My main gripe with my previous machine (a Janome My Style) was that it was so noisy that I couldn't hear the TV when I was sewing. How's that for a First World problem?
I am a little bit in love with my new machine and here's why......
10 Reasons to heart the new Pfaff Ambition 1.5
- It has a speed control - you can go super slow for tricky delicate sewing or like a bat out of hell when you are piecing strips
- Compared to my old Janome, it is quiet
- It has a needle up/needle down function which I love
- You can set it to automatically reverse stitch when you begin and end sewing
- It has a top loading bobbin with a clear shield so you can see how much thread you have left (not that you need it because....)
- It has a bobbin alert for when your bobbin is about to run out
- It has a touch screen and a stylus to program the machine - very cool
- It has a bobbin thread cutter so you don't tire yourself out reaching for the scissors everytime you wind a bobbin
- The quarter inch foot is very accurate (I had to take to my old Janome foot with a power tool so that it would sew an accurate quarter inch seam)
- And finally it has an integrated walking foot.
Just when you thought I couldn't rave any more about this machine - check out the range of stitches! (I can report that stitch number 1 works a treat...I may never use the others).
It also has really neat built in storage for you bobbins, threads and tools.
And just before I go...will you check out this contortionist cat? Here she is doing some kind of Yoga du Chat. Bless her.